Friday, February 10, 2017

Scrappy Project Planner Sew Along - Week Two - Shortcut Stars Quilt!!




Happy Friday!
It's week two in our 
Sew Along:)




Grab your 
scrappy stash because...

today's post is all about
 the Shortcut Star block:)
You will find the pattern
 in the last section 
of the planner:)

I took a top shot of 
a few of my blocks 
after I had sewn them...
I couldn't wait to see 
how they would look
 next to each other!


In the Tips and Organizing
 section of the planner...
I show you my 
Shortcut Methods for 
Flying Geese...
Half Square Triangles and
Quarter Square Triangles



 I wanted to design a block
 that uses all three of my methods
 and that's why I designed the
 Shortcut Stars!



I super love my 
Shortcut Stars quilt...
it's sew scrappy happy!

Stars have always
 been a favorite block
 for quilters. 

 I chose to set up a photo 
here on this spot
during the shoot
 because of the flags...
of course stars and flags
 are a classic combo 
and I love how they look together:)



A few closer looks...



Another thing I love 
about these blocks is the
 "Built in Sashing"
I designed it so that the
 scrappy sashing strips are 
sewn onto each block individually 
as its constructed...
 and then all you have to do
 is sew the blocks together 
for that instant scrappy 
strip sashing to appear:)

I love how the 
sashing strips frame the stars!


Heart eyes for this red 
vintage church bench:)



I hope you are inspired by
 all of the different
 color combinations 
in each block...
the possibilities
 really are endless:)

I'd LOVE to see yours!
Use the hashtag
#ShortcutStarsQuilt
when you post on

to visit Kimberly 
and the girls
 and to see who their  
amazing guest bloggers 
are this week:)
xx
Lori






5 comments:

Lady Jane said...

Gee this is so pretty, I love the design and the colors. Hugs, LJ

Little Quiltsong said...

Love, love this pattern!! Also the sashes remind me of one of my first quilts I made from your lovely patterns - the Barn Quilt - it is still a favorite around here :)!

T Holzer said...

This quilt is incredibly gorgeous, Lori!!

Lisa said...

Thank you for such wonderful patterns included in the planner!

Rosa said...

So fabulous quilt and your fabric combo caught my eye!

Related Posts with Thumbnails