Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays...

This is my latest block that goes into my Paper Doll quilt....I drew it up a few months back. ...(I have all of my blocks drawn up that go into the quilt) but I usually wait to applique them a week or two before class.
However with this block, I waited until the last possible minute to do the block before teaching it on Tuesday because I was waiting for a new line of fabric that I knew would be coming soon, so that I could use a few of the pieces. It came in just in the nick of time...


The new line is put out by Riley Blake and is designed by Melimba & Beccabury. The line is called Rainy Days and Mondays. I think it's just adorable ....don't you?
I took pictures of the full line so that you could see for yourself...















Here it is in the pink and red colorways....


And the green colorway...



Of course I love the polka dotties!


And these scattered dots and rings....very cute. Go check out Riley Blake's website here if you want some for yourself!


post signature

15 comments:

Susan said...

It is adorable. Love the colors. I also love rainy days and Mondays.

dream quilt create said...

I love the rainy day block! I used to have a rainy day outfit just like that, but the yellow raincoat had black trim with an umbrella to match and then the red boots. Maybe that's when I became addicted to red shoes. I think I will be there for April's class! Will have to have the blessing gown done in time to share :)

Elizabeth said...

Lori, this block is absolutely adorable! The details on the umbrella are amazing and I especially love the charming rain coat. The 'Rainy Days and Mondays' line is really fun. I think my favorite is the scattered dots and rings, although I like the green colorways fabrics too. I'm scared to check out Riley Blake's website (lol!).

Sweet P said...

That is a gorgeous line of fabric. I want a pair of red rain boots just like he ones in the block. They are adorable.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Do you sleep? The Riley Blake booth was just across from my booth at Spring Market last year. They were the hottest thing going! They are an "On the Move" company for sure.

Pat

Nielson said...

I love that block! So cute and that fabric is adorable too!

Nedra said...

I love this line! And I feel like I won the prize by your wonderful gift. Thank you so much! I will think of you everytime I look at it.

busyascanbe said...

Can't wait to pick up the kit. SOOO cute. Just like always!
Tootles,
Debbie

Jan said...

It's gorgeous Lori! I'm amazed at how you manage to make all those little pieces come to life! The umbrella is fantastic! I can see a whole quilt made out of those :) Absolutely adorable.

Carrie P. said...

Another very cute block and the fabric for the umbrella is perfect.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Such a DARLING pattern Lori!!!! xo

Kim D. said...

Love the new pattern, it's adorable and those fabrics are a perfect match for it. Great timing!!

Micki said...

That pattern is just so special! I love it!
Micki

Nanette Merrill said...

Your umbrella is darling and so is the whole block! I love this line. I'm kind of depressed today because I can't sew on things I want to right now. I spent the weekend on my "project" and it just is too busy overall so I'm sorta back to the drawing board. Everytime I look at the Riley Blake 8ths I frown because I want to get this project to the quilter and MOVE ON!

melimba said...

such a fun idea! thanks for using our Rainy Days and Mondays fabric on this square! I'm posting this idea on my blog tonight for a give away I'm hosting!
You've got a darling blog! Love all your creativity!!!
thanks,
melis from melimba & beccabury

Related Posts with Thumbnails